MY BOOKISH GOALS FOR 2017
2016 is over!!! Thank goodness. I don't know about y'all. but 2016 has been a pretty shitty year for me. I've had my highs too, but I think I had more lows. I'm ready to start this new year and see what it holds for me. I will finish my second year of college in 2017, half of my 3rd year, and probably take the MCAT at the very end of the year and begin preparing to apply for medical school, which absolutely terrifies me. I'm excited to see what I can accomplish though and where my path will take me. All in all, I just want to have a successful and happy year. Is that too much to ask for?
- Read at least 75 books. I think I can read more than that, but I don't want to push it, especially considering all the academic stuff I will be doing in 2017 in pursuit of becoming a doctor and the fact that this summer my research internship is basically a full-time job, so I'm not gonna have a ton of time to read like I did last year.
- Finish at least one book a week. I know that seems like a really small goal, but it is something I struggled with a lot last year. There were weeks that went by where I didn't read or listen to an audiobook at all, and instead would just wait for breaks where I would cram a bunch of books. I think if I read at least 30 minutes each night before I go to bed, I should be solid.
- Branch out and try reading various genres. I tend to stick to the same type of books, which isn't really good, so this year I want to branch out and try other stuff. That being said, there are genres or certain storylines that I won't touch with a ten foot pole, so matter how good people say they are.
- Post at least twice a week. I want at least two posts a week, doesn't matter the day or what they are about, even if it's just a quick reading update. The last half of the year I severely neglected by blog because of school even though I know if I had tried more, I could have mustered up some more posts. So this year, I'm going to try to do better.
- Post a review at least a week after reading the book. I got into a really bad habit of putting off reviews last year or just not writing reviews at all because I was too lazy. This year, I'm gonna do better, or at least that is the plan.
- Try new post types and styles. I know I get tired of reading the same type of stuff on people's blogs, so I'm going to try not to write the same type of stuff. I'm not exactly sure what all the entails right now, but I'm going to put my thinking cap on and look for new ideas to bring you guys.
Well, that's it, for now at least. What are your goals for 2017? Any tips on how to achieve mine? Tell me all about it down in the comments below.