January 1, 2016

December 2015 Wrap Up

Well 2015 it officially over! Let's take a look at the books that I read in the last month of the year.



Total Books: 10

Physical Books: 4
Ebooks: 6

Books for Review: 2
Books for Pleasure: 8
Books for School: 0

Books for Review:
Capering on Glass Bridges by Jessica Hernandez ★★1/2
This is Where it Ends by Marieke Nijkamp ★★★

Books for Pleasure:
Artemis Fowl: The Graphic Novel by Eoin Colfer ★★★
Fan Art by Sarah Tregay ★★★
I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga ★★★★★
The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die by April Henry ★★★ |review|
My True Love Gave to Me by Various Authors ★★★ |review|
Unspoken by CC Hunter ★★★ /4
Bitch Planet by Kelley Sue DeConnick (no rating)
The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins ★★★1/2 |review|

Favorite Book:
My favorite book was without any competition "I Hunt Killers". I honestly did not think I would like any of the books I read in December that much, but boy oh boy was I wrong. I loved this bad. I made my Top Favorites of 2015 before I read this book, and I wished I didn't. I loved everything about this: the characters, plot, writing, dialogue, etc. I also really appreciated how Connie, the main character's girlfriend was black and how she was portrayed. That is how you accurately use diversity in a book.

Least Favorite Book:
It was "Capering on Glass Bridges" which I got for review. I just felt like the writing was trying too hard and just left the audience really confused. It was hard to follow along and the plot made zero sense to me. In the end, I didn't understand anything that had transpired in the book.

So how was the last month of reading for the year for you guys? I'd love to hear all about it in the comments.


Join the conversation!

  1. I'm sorry you didn't read that many good books this month :(. I've never heard if I Hunt Killers, but it sounds great! Definitely adding it to my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it could have been worse; I could have hated them all.:) You definitely should add it to your TBR because I really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. I read 7 this month and only 1 was for review. I loved a lot of what I read. I think I might steal your format for a wrap up! Lol. I really love how it's set up (:
    Sorry you didn't your review book. Unfortunately I didn't either so I guess we are in the same situation. When will your review be posted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 8 is still a good amount of books. Glad you enjoyed your books this month! It is totally fine if you steal my format and thank you. :) The Capering on Glass Bridges review will be up probably Thursday is memory serves me correct and the This is Where it Ends review is up now!

      Delete
  3. I have to recommend reading the book The Girl on the Train: A Novel.
    I just finished reading it today, and my conclusion is that its a really good book.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment down below because I would love to hear your thoughts. To ensure you see my reply, make sure to click "Notify Me".