In 2015, I had my one year book blog anniversary, and honestly, I didn't think this would last one year. The fact that it has, drives me to want to do even more things with this outlet. I have so many plans, but you know, college is still a part of my life, so I need to be a little more realistic.
So today, I'm going to outline some of my basic plans for the upcoming year.
- Read 100 books- My reading goal for 2016 is the same as it was for 2015, simply because I don't think I can do anymore than with college, work, and research. Also, this summer I might be doing an internship, so I might not even really have time to read during the summer which is when I usually get the most reading done.
- Read at least once a week- I know this seems like a pretty easy goal, but with my busy life, I sometimes forget to read.
- Try to read a book within a month of buying it- There are some books on my shelf that I have had for awhile and still haven't read, so to prevent this from happening more often, I'm going to try to read the book within a month of buying it.
- Read more adult books- Lately, young adult novels just haven't been cutting it, and to be honest, they are kinda pissing me off. I don't if it's because I have read too many or if I'm just growing out of this genre.
Books I Absolutely Need to Read
- You by Caroline Kepnes- I started this book in August 2015 and stopped reading it when I started college.
- Sphinx's Princess by Esther Friesner- Same as the book above
- Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson- I caved and bought this last month, so I need to read it.
- Carry On by Rainbow Rowell- I bought this for my birthday. My birthday was November 6th. I need to read this soon cause it's been over a month.
- Post at least twice a week- To be honest, sometimes I forget I have this blog or I become so busy that I can't even think about putting aside time to blog. So I'm gonna aim to blog twice a week, probably Tuesday and Thursday, because those are my least busy days this upcoming semester.
- Bring back Talk Time- For those of you who don't know, Talk Time was a discussion based post that I did for a grand total of eight times before I stopped in October because I forgot to do them. So I'm probably going to schedule more of these because I love discussion based posts because I feel like I really get to talk with you guys.
- Post my review within a week of finishing the book- I'm usually pretty good about putting a review up right away, but there are some books where I just don't feel like putting up a review or a wait a hella long time before doing so.
- Do more posts outside of reviews- If you look at my blog, most of the posts are reviews, which isn't a bad thing because this is a book review blog, but I feel like I need to shake things up more.
- Do less blog tour stuff- I used to do a lot of blog tour stuff for PR companies, but I've been trimming it down because it just doesn't appeal to me as much anymore.
- Only get ARCs that I really want- In the beginning I thought get ARCs was so cool and so I tried to get them at every chance, but now I realize that they really aren't that important, and most times I don't even enjoy them that much.
- Make more contacts in the publishing business- As of late in the year, I've been doing a pretty good job of doing this and I want to continue to foster a good relationship between me and publishing companies.
- Discover more book blogs to follow and comment on- I need to find more blogs to follow and comment on because I feel like I'm not fully connected with the book blog world.
- Make more book blogger friends- I really love talking to book bloggers, not only about books but anything really. They are such a great community and I feel like I'm not as tight with people like I've seen some people. So please please please, be my friend! I promise I don't bite.