September 5, 2015

TALKTIME #7: Why I Don't Show My Follower Count


TALKTIME #7: WHY I DON'T SHOW MY FOLLOWER COUNT

     It has been quite awhile since I have done a talktime. I really should do it more often so you guys get a steady stream of content every week, even if I'm not reading. This week I'm talking about something I have been meaning to post about for quite some time: follower count.

     You may or may not have noticed, but I don't have counters for the number of followers I have via email, bloglovin, etc. (the only exception being Google+ Followers cause I don't know how to make that go away). The reason why I don't show the number of followers I have is because it is not important to me. So many blogs place so much emphasis on how many followers they have and keep trying to find ways to gain followers. I guess to them, the more followers they have the more accomplished they are and the bigger the blog. I'm not concerned with trying to perceive myself as a big blog or gain followers. Yeah it would be nice to have a large amount of followers, but I'm not going to out of my way to gain; if you want to follow my blog, cool, if not, that's cool too. 

     A lot of people tend to be envious of those with large amounts of followers to. They show off their follower counters to show they are better than such an such or to make followers follow them because they are "popular". To me, the blog is all about the content. I make posts that I enjoy and if people like my posts, yay! I do not and will never cater my blog towards my followers. This blog is personal to me and something that I enjoy doing. Focusing on the followers to me would make this experience far less enjoyable.

What do you think? What is your policy towards follower counts? Do you do it, if so, why or why not?

Join the conversation!

Please leave a comment down below because I would love to hear your thoughts. To ensure you see my reply, make sure to click "Notify Me".